Topic: Aviation and Women in Europe
The new items published under this topic are as follows.
We know you will come away from each Conference with a stronger belief in what you can achieve and motivated to try new things!
AWE - Aviation and Women in Europe is providing full registrations for full time college/university students who would like to attend the 2012 AWE Conference in Istanbul, Turkey 20 October 2012.
Tuğçe Küçükkurtoğlu - Deniz Diren - Esra Aydinoz - Dilara Özeren - Aylin Unal - Ayse Canli
This scholarship is thank you to generous donations. Further donations are welcome.
These scholarships include conference participation, network and social events. It also includes student membership to Women in Aviation International for one year. They do not cover travel and accommodation.
Published Jun 09, 2012 - 12:12 PM
Held in Brooklands Museum, Surrey outside London, England. November 5-6, 2010
Join us at Brooklands Museum, the home of British Aviation and the first British Women pilots license.
The opening reception includes the Brooklands Concorde Experience. You’ll see inside one of the world’s most famous aircraft. Take your seat in the front cabin for a virtual flight, piloted by Captain Mike Bannister who will join us afterwards to share his experiences. Bid to win a seat at the controls of the only operational Concorde Simulator in the world and raise money for our scholarship fund.
• Captain Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann, record setting 777 Captain with Boeing
• Gabriella Somerville, Managing Director ConnectJets
• Gretchen Burrett, the recently appointed Group Director, Safety Regulation of the Civil Aviation Authority,
• Lt. Col Jennifer Crossman, USAF KC-135 pilot
• Dominique Brown, Chief Operating Officer, Quick International Courier
We will close events on the Saturday night with a dinner at the Museum where we can share our experiences and forge those networks.Online booking will be available soon.
For more information email email@example.com PRESS RELEASE
Liz Moscrop interviews WAI Dorothy Pooley
Published Jun 14, 2010 - 05:07 PM
Published May 20, 2009 - 10:58 PM
Published Feb 23, 2009 - 05:58 PM
Read more... (77 more words)
I know it has been a long time you since you've heard from me. I have an excuse! Finally my five year assignment in Brussels finished in December 2007 and I have now returned to my country, Turkey. I’m working in Istanbul now for my company, Turkish Airlines.
Only one thing has changed: I’m now a chief controller!
Published Nov 11, 2008 - 05:57 PM
Read more... (364 more words)
Tuesday 6th November at the Airforce Accademy of Pozzuoli the beginning of year celebrations took place, host was Generale di squadra aerea Vincenzo Camporini. The opening speech was read by the generale di squadra aerea Giampiero Gargini, Comandante delle Scuole dell’Aeronautica Militare.
Published Nov 16, 2007 - 06:34 PM
Read more... (180 more words)
AWE - Aviation and Women in Europe's presence during the
18th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference
February 15-17, 2007
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL
Published Feb 28, 2007 - 07:52 AM
Read more... (89 more words)
Thank you to all those members that took advantage of this terrific opportunity
Published Jan 03, 2007 - 05:55 PM
Read more... (50 more words)
Michelle Bassanesi was present and interviewed during the 34th FCAP (Italian EAA Chapter) Meeting in Ferrara 9th - 10th September 2006.
Published Sep 12, 2006 - 12:00 AM
Read more... (107 more words)
AWE - Aviation and Women in Europe is actively present and interviewed during the Insubria AirShow 2006 at Calcinate del Pesce, during the AvioExpo 2006 in Voghera and during the Finals of the Italian National Aerobatics Competition 2006.
See photo gallery
Published Jun 07, 2006 - 03:38 PM
On-Line & Login
· Women in aviation – the status quo won't fly (May 01, 2013)
· German Student Seizes Opportunity to Volunteer at EAA (May 01, 2013)
· AWE's very own Michelle Bassanesi came second in this year's Air race Classic! (Jan 08, 2013)
· AWE 12 Conference a Great Success - Istanbul, Turkey (Nov 02, 2012)
· EASA gives a little on instrument flying (Nov 02, 2012)
· Congratulations to our 2012 AWE Scholarship Winners! (Jun 09, 2012)
· Introduce women to aviation during Women of Aviation Week (Jan 12, 2012)
· 7TH AWE - AVIATION AND WOMEN IN EUROPE CONFERENCE (Oct 27, 2011)
· 2011 Scholarship opportunities (Aug 15, 2011)
· New Site Spotlights Women’s Achievements at NASA (Apr 05, 2011)